Thursday 13 April 2017

Make Up Q+A #1





Hey People, 

I usually get the same questions about make up, so my friends being the great people they are came through. - Sorry this is  late, I will be better I promise, I know more now.



Whitney : 

 Hi Ranti, I would like to know your fave primers, especially over summer for some of us with oily skin  Alsooooo sometimes I feel that the NYX orange corrector is too heavy when I just want to wear reaaaaaaal light make up (like just powder) is there a less heavy alternative to still fix all that pigmentation stuff ?  Lastly, my mum just wants to know about under eyes, dark circles, allaaaa that! Thank youuuu, we can't wait to read the blog https://www.facebook.com/images/emoji.php/v8/f68/1/16/1f495.png💕


 Hey Whitney, My favourite primer for oily skin is the De Slick primer from Urban Decay. It mimics the milk of magnesia without the laxative (LOL), it retails for £23. If you are looking for something cheaper and still effective, I would suggest the Rimmel stay matte primer for £5.99 on eBay or Amazon 



I agree with the orange corrector being a bit too OTT for a natural day! Before I used to live for them but now I don't use them so much. The tip is to use a warm toned foundation for your face and to balance the warmth, use cool toned concealer for the centre of your face, usual highlight and contour. 


Just be a little more generous around the mouth area! And use a beauty blender to apply; brushes don't concentrate enough product where you need it.Another tip is to just use a skin toned concealer to cover dark areas, and use a face powder and miss out foundation entirely!




Oriade : 

Hi Ranti, what are the best eyeshadow palettes and brushes for beginners? Thanks!

 

 Hey Oriade,I would always suggest for basics and to learn, start of cheap but quality. I for one LOVE the brand Morphe - they are so so cheap and the quality is very similar if not better than many of the other brands out there. I would suggest the Morphe 35K as the ultimate beginner palette for brushes you can never have enough blending brushes and these are all affordable.

M518 CREASE FLUFF BRUSH

MB23 ROUND BLENDER BRUSH

M441 BLENDING CREASE BRUSH

E55 Flat shader Brush - Sigma

You can find all these on beautybay
 




Cheryl:

Can you recommend some nude lipsticks/liners for the dark skin gals. Like the one in your last pic
What are your fave lashes?
What brush/ product do you use to contour your nose and do you have any tips for doing it?
Thanks a bunch!



Cheryl, this is a perfect question. I've been playing with lipsticks at work and you are in for a treat. My favourite lipliner of all time is defiantly chestnut by MAC, it is so black girl friendly, and if you're brown - Cork is amazing.My Fave combos - Chesnut with -Velvet Teddy,  Whirl, Mocha, Uncontrollable, Stone/Honeylove

                                                           NON MAC                    - Chesnut with LA Girl Matte Fleur and Coloured Raine Untamed with a very light pink in the centre...

Those are some of my favourite. To be perfectly frank, you can wear any lipstick as long as you apply that lipliner LOL 

My favourite Lashes are defo Faux Mink lashes (Ebay Lashes always promise to be mink, but when they arrive they're 100% human hair or fibre with a feathery look) the wispie type - Here's a link 

 http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/3D-Lashes-Mink-Fair-Thick-False-Fake-Eyelashes-Eye-Lashes-Makeup-Warped-Eyelash

 They take AGES to arrive but worth the wait! 

                                                          


Cassandra 

Do you have any tips for deep set under eyes? I hate them and they're frustrating.  I have small non-existent eyes and falsies look overwhelming on me. Any non-outrageous suggestions?  Kind regards babes xxx 



Hellooo, Well my only suggestion is to bake under with a loose powder, it doesn't have to be white or yellow, you can even use a skin toned powder, they are designed to create an airbrush canvas, and if you are worried of looking too powdery try and bathe yourself after in Fix+

And for lashes try the demi wispies by ardell. LIFE GOALS 



 Yvonne

 I want to be you when I grow up. How do I achieve this? Also I use the Benefit Porefessional as a primer but I'm not really feeling it atm. How do I stop my make up from melting off in hot and humid weather? Tenks a meelion


  LMAO, Hey Yvonne, benefit porefessional doesn't mattify the skin it just smooths over pores. A good way to keep your make up on is to always have a blot powder on you or some sort of pressed powder to apply during the day.Also a tip I have learnt is to use some translucent powder and porefessional - on the oily areas then bounce your foundation on with a beauty blender. Usually we can't work with powders then liquids, but this works! 

 

Juvayriyah

  Hi Ranti, Thanks for the support over the past year, you have beat my face to the extent that you're the only one I trust. Which affordable liner can I wear with velvet teddy?  Should I use a damp beauty blender when blending? Seems to work better? Where can I buy an inexpensive setting powder? And is translucent the best colour for my skin? Kind regards,  Juv xoxox


  Hey Juv , I would suggest for velvet teddy NYX Toast, it's very simiar to MAC Cork, very suitable for brown skin tones. Just colour in your whole lip with a lipliner and place velvet teddy in the middle!ALWAYS DAMP THE BEAUTY BLENDER 


Also, ebay has a really good inexpensive setting powder -Ben Nye banana powder. Just use a little bit and place under the eyes if you have dry skin, try not to leave it for too long. Translucent is fine, a good powder shouldn't leave an ashy colour.





No comments:

Post a Comment