Wednesday 3 May 2017

Why should you get involved?



A political post, people. 

Some weeks ago, our lovely kitten heel wearing Prime MinisterTheresa May, announced that the British public will have another opportunity to vote blue again for an extended period of time. It is like Britain has been told our prison sentence has extended. That is exactly how I, and probably how most of the British publifeel. I said FFS?! I found out just as I was about to do a bridal freelance so I was blending eyeshadow in anger. 

Image result for kim kardashian crying

I understand that in today's political climate it is very difficult to get involved, because it is almost like, where do I start? How do I change or understand the minds of others? Or how to I politicise myself? It’s very simple: get out there. The purpose of this post isn’t for the apathetic or cynical – conspiracy theorist humans. This is for those who give a shit about how the world is moving. 

For this general election, one has to really focus on British politics and its dynamicsHow does parliament work? How do we vote for our next government? What is the government? How is it formed? And so on and so forth. Those who are super politics savvy will think, 'what dimwit doesn’t know this!?' When a great number of people just, unfortunately, do not know! I remember sitting I my British politics seminar in the first year, and somebody asked if we elect members into the house of lords. So get off your self-righteous pedestal (and instead of ridiculing, pass on your knowledge and help others make a more informed vote) 


Image result for knowledge
Back to my point: for the next number of weeks, British politics is the goal. Ignore Trump, international actors and focus on how the next government will affect you. Think about your life in 5 years, which party has policies in very important sectors that look like it would benefit you and, most Importantly, people around you and those less fortunate. I feel it is so important to think like this. One should realise that politics is a body and whatever happens, everyone will feel the punch. I am not here to tell you who to vote for *insert red rose* but how to make up your own mind by researching the politics affecting minorities and your local community. How has your MP voted in parliament on pressing social issues? Does their record suggest that he/she thinks of others or puts themselves first?  

The role of the MP is to serve, to serve you and put you before their own feelings (of course trust their years of experience). After you have asked yourself these meaningful questions, offer to campaign with your MP, write letters, speak to councillors and get involved in basic community events. Rallying up support is necessary! The more people you convince, the more will vote for your MP and there is a chance for your community to be heard in Westminster with the right party in government 
Image result for f parliament

GET UP, BUCKLE IN AND GET READY, IT’LL BE A BUMPY RIDE 

Image result for fast plane cartoon

No comments:

Post a Comment